As we’re all aware the recent developments around COVID-19 event has forced many organizations to address how they deliver service to the community. Unfortunately, Northumberland Fare Share Food Bank is in a position where we need to change some of our practices, policies and delivery models to meet these new challenges. Below is a list of the current information as it relates to the day-to-day operations of FSFB. One of the key changes is Neighbours will now be picking their groceries up OUTSIDE the Fare Share Food Bank locations.
- It is important to note both locations are still open for our neighbours
- Port Hope is open Wednesdays from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm & 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Cobourg is open Wednesdays 10:00 am – 12:00 pm & 6:00 – 8:00 as well as Friday from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- PLEASE NOTE: The food delivery model has changed: Neighbours will now be picking their groceries up OUTSIDE the Food Bank.
- Anyone is eligible to access either Food Bank as long as they have ID for all their family members or already have a Food Bank ID# available to present.
- We are not presently accepting food donations at either Food Bank for the safety of both the neighbours and our volunteers.
- Financial donations are now the preferred method of support due to the fact that we now have to purchase most of the product online.
Northumberland Fare Share Food Bank is dedicated to serving Cobourg and Port Hope, by collecting and distributing food and other necessities to individuals and families in need in our community.
That need is now greater than ever before. As volunteers, we can’t do what we do without your help. You can register to volunteer here. Please contribute to the Fare Share Food Bank generously, and help make our community a better place.
Your contribution is of vital importance at this time PLEASE