Our volunteers are dedicated to the communities of Port Hope and Cobourg, and to the simple principle that none of our neighbours should ever go hungry.
Our mission is simple: we work daily to provide food and other basic necessities to individuals and families in need. The Fare Share Food Bank has dedicated itself to this goal for the past thirty years.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Fare Share’s board of directors is comprised of dedicated Northumberland residents who share in the food bank’s vision and who work with our volunteers to achieve our mission.
Representing the communities served by Fare Share, the directors:
- Develop policy
- Plan and coordinate fundraising initiatives
- Make decisions about Fare Share’s future
- Monitor the operational and financial performance of the food bank
- If you’re interested in becoming a member of the Fare Share Board of Directors, please contact our main office.
- Responsible to the board
- Oversight of the various committees
- Community relations
- Clubs/ Organizations in harness their fundraising capabilities.
- Presentations to community organizations.
- Develop new initiatives to target opportunity market segments.
CHAIR, FARE SHARE BOARD
- Lead board meetings
- Participate/vote on board motions.
- Management/analysis of donor data.
- Director of Grants & Development
- Cobourg Community Relationship Development
- Budget management
- Month-to-month financial record keeping
- Investment management
MANAGER, COBOURG FOOD BANK & MANAGER OF PURCHASING
- Management of Cobourg Site, leadership/scheduling of volunteer team.
- Direction re: all food acquiring, purchasing, liaison with OAFB, Food4All.
- Inventory and client menu logistics.
CO-MANAGERS, PORT HOPE FOOD BANK
Yvonne & Ken O’Neill
- Managers of Port Hope food bank.
- Leadership of volunteer team.
- Inventory control, client menu.
- Community relationships.
- Work with Fare Share team to achieve fundraising objectives.
- Build calendar of activity to maintain cash flow throughout the year.
- Work with Community Service.
- Focus on under achieving COBOURG community to build more activity there.
- Organization/leadership of events. Assign team leaders.
- Handle digital and print communications to volunteers & donors
- Communicate via social media platforms to build our community following and support
- Create presentations and
DIRECTOR, VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
- Work with other board members to determine manpower requirements.
- Communication, motivation, and recognition of volunteer members.
- Participate in events with volunteers throughout the year