Our volunteers are dedicated to the communities of Port Hope and Cobourg, and to the simple principle that none of our neighbours should ever go hungry.
Our mission is simple: we work daily to provide food and other basic necessities to individuals and families in need. The Fare Share Food Bank has dedicated itself to this goal for the past thirty years.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & STAFF
Fare Share’s board of directors is comprised of dedicated Northumberland residents who share in the food bank’s vision and who work with our volunteers to achieve our mission.
Representing the communities served by Fare Share, the directors:
- Develop policy
- Plan and coordinate fundraising initiatives
- Make decisions about Fare Share’s future
- Monitor the operational and financial performance of the food bank
- If you're interested in becoming a member of the Fare Share Board of Directors, please contact our main office.
Board of Directors
- Lead board meetings
- Participate/vote on board motions.
- Management/analysis of donor data.
- Takes minutes at every Board meeting
- Documentation management
- Previous Manager of Port Hope food bank
- Community relationships.
- Will take over Chair duties in their absence
- Prepares Monthly statistics that are used to analyze various needs of Fare Share throughout the year
- Helps to apply for and review grants
- Member of the governance committee
- Budget management
- Month-to-month financial record keeping
- Investment management
- Work with Fare Share team to achieve fundraising objectives.
- Build calendar of activity to maintain cash flow throughout the year.
- Maintains key community business relationships
- Responsible to the board
- Oversight of the various committees
- Community relations
- Clubs/ Organizations in harness their fundraising capabilities.
- Presentations to community organizations.
- Develop new initiatives to target opportunity market segments.
COBOURG FOOD BANK LEAD VOLUNTEER & MANAGER OF PURCHASING
- Management of Cobourg Site, leadership/scheduling of volunteer team.
- Direction re: all food acquiring, purchasing, liaison with OAFB, Food4All.
- Inventory and client menu logistics.
PORT HOPE FOOD BANK LEAD VOLUNTEER
- Manager of Port Hope food bank
- Is our representative for the Northumberland Food Network committee
of Food Distributed Annually.
Averaging 43 lbs. of food per household
helped by our food banks each year
helped by our food bank each year
(38% are under 18 years, 8% are seniors)
household visits each month