About Fare Share
Northumberland Fare Share Food Bank is dedicated to serving Cobourg and Port Hope, by collecting and distributing food and other necessities to individuals and families in need in our community.
That need is now greater than ever before. As volunteers, we can’t do what we do without your help. You can register to volunteer here. Please contribute to the Fare Share Food Bank generously, and help make our community a better place.
Your contribution could change someone’s life. Donate online here.
To provide food and other basic necessities to individuals and families in need throughout Port Hope and Cobourg. Help to decrease the dependancy on the food bank.
A community where no man, woman or child goes hungry
- We care for our community as a whole, and for each other as people.
- We believe no person living in our community should have to go hungry.
- We believe it is possible, with the help of the community, to make sure our neighbours don’t go without food or basic necessities.
- We believe we can make a difference.
- Food Acquisition: Improve our ability to acquire a greater volume of high quality food on a consistent basis and to provide that food as often as we can manage to those in need
- Community outreach: Reduce hunger in our own community by letting our neighbours understand the need and encouraging those that can to help
- Hunger reduction: Help to restore the dignity of people in need by helping them provide for themselves and their loved ones
- Organizational development: Develop the human capital of the Northumberland Fare Share Food Banks to improve our ability to achieve our vision
Our Charitable Status
Our Charitable Number is: 119061844RR0001
of Food Distributed Annually.
Averaging 43 lbs. of food per household
helped by our food banks each year
helped by our food bank each year
(38% are under 18 years, 8% are seniors)
household visits each month